Wednesday, October 21, 2020

The Stirrings of Mythraelai

I came across a link to Descriptors, a quick play diceless, adjective based role playing game. I read it (and it was quick, the rules are one page long) and considered what could be done with it. It actually reads like FU2 but diceless. So, I pondered where to go with it and figured I hadn't done Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay in, I think, ever. Sprinkle in the Agenda and Principles of Simple World, this is what I end up with...

I rolled d1000 twice to figure out what her starting career would be from the Warhammer Career Compendium, randomized her other attributes on the tables provided in the core rulebook and came up with Rae. Naturally, I had to mess with it to suit my personal gaming needs:

Locations and Fishing : I need to keep myself honest, so I will randomize the quantity of available adjectives by rolling d4-1, in keeping with the suggestion of 0-3.

Challenge Rating : Again, to keep me honest, a d6 will be rolled per scene. A result of four or less is a bid of one adjective, and a five or six is two. Challenging scenes, such as a final scene, will add one to the amount of bids; four or less is two adjectives; five or six is three.

Gear : Borrowing a concept from Vornheim, gear can hold one adjective per syllable. Gear begins play with no adjectives but may gain adjectives if safely shopping in town, foraging, looting or some other narratively appropriate action.

Advancement : While unlikely, I envision advancement to be adventure based. Borrowing from Primetime Adventures, a career advancement is available every nine sessions.

With all that in mind, 

Mythraelai, Elven Messenger : calm, knowledgeable, perceptive, precise

At 5'5" and 100 lbs, the wood elf has a braid of copper hair and grey blue eyes. She was born in Reikwald Forest under the sign of The Greased Goat sixty years ago, a decade older than her brother Halfaren. Mythraelai wears travelling clothes under a leather jack.

Gear : backpack, clothes, dagger, leather jack, map case, riding horse, shield, sword and 16 crowns

No comments:

Post a Comment